As part of Institute Diversity’s Center for Student Diversity and Inclusion, OMED: Educational Services is charged with the retention and development of traditionally underrepresented students: African-American, Hispanic/Latino, Native American, and Multiracial. However, our programs and initiatives are open to all Georgia Tech students.
To successfully transform today’s gifted yet inexperienced student into tomorrow’s promising leader.
To create and maintain a culture of academic and inclusive excellence, empowering students to be proactive learners and problem-solvers.
OMED offers the following programs:
- AAMI – Provides academic resources, motivation, mentoring, and leadership training to increase the enrollment, retention, and graduation of black males at Georgia Tech.
- Academic Support – Provides study sessions, guided group study, and concept classes to students year-round.
- Challenge – Helps prepare incoming freshmen for a successful college career, both academically and socially, during a five-week intensive summer program.
- Edge – Offers support from upperclassmen who serve as mentors to assist first-year students academically and socially.
- FOCUS- Focus is one of the nation’s premier programs for raising awareness of graduate education.
- Transitions – Enables graduate students and dual-degree/transfer students to network with peers, faculty, and staff as they settle into Georgia Tech.
- WOCI- The Women of Color Initiative.
Awards and Recognitions
OMED offers the following awards and recognitions:
- Tower Awards – Celebrates the academic achievements of underrepresented students who have attained a 3.15 GPA or higher.