Georgia Tech’s 10th annual MLK Day of Service
8 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Student Center Ballroom
During Georgia Tech’s 10th annual MLK Day of Service, which honors the life and legacy of Martin Luther King Jr., participants will serve in teams and participate in service projects with metro Atlanta community partners.
OMED's AAMI & WOCI will have service teams. Sign up details will be provided.
To learn more and to register, visit the Civic Engagement Engage page.
In celebration of Black History Month, OMED/AAMI will host its second Academic Empowerment Fair to recognize, support, and enhance Black Excellence on Georgia Tech's campus. The 2020 Academic Empowerment Fair will be held on February 13, 2020 in the Georgia Tech Student Center.
Students will have an opportunity to:
- Meet and interview with corporate reps between 12-2 p.m. and 3-5 p.m. (earn a chance to win a $350 empowerment monetary grant)
- Receive one-to-one undergraduate and graduate advisement (earn chances to receive free registration and air travel to professional conferences)
- Innovation Prototype & Entrepreneurship session and competition (win $500 monetary award)
- Meet GT Faculty of Color (outside of the classroom)- with free dinner (Special AEF performance and recognition grants will be awarded)
- Attend the Resource and Organization Fair between 12 - 2 p.m. (earn give-aways and apply for $500 travel grants to a professional/organization conference)
- Attend a real world session with students about how to navigate success when your GPA may have had a rocky start or is not Tower eligible.
- Two deserving participants will be eligible to receive a new Academic Empowerment Grant
This Academic Empowerment Fair is for Y.O.U! Registration will be available in at the beginning of Spring semester.