“OMED had a huge impact on my time at Georgia Tech. From the beginning, OMED was consistently supportive and encouraging in every decision that I made. You all believed in me when I didn’t believe in myself, and I cannot thank you enough.”
— Brooke Smith, alumna, School of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
OMED offers the following programs:
- AAMI - Provides academic resources, motivation, mentoring, and leadership training to support the enrollment, retention, and graduation of black males at Georgia Tech.
- Academic Support - Provides study sessions, guided group study, and concept classes to students year-round.
- Challenge - Helps prepare incoming first-year students for a successful college career, both academically and socially, during a five-week intensive summer program.
- Edge -Offers support from upperclassmen who serve as mentors to assist first-year students academically and socially.
- FOCUS - Focus is one of the nation’s premier programs for raising awareness of graduate education.
- Transitions - Enables graduate students and dual-degree/transfer students to network with peers, faculty, and staff as they settle into Georgia Tech.
- WOCI - The Women of Color Initiative.