Edge is a peer mentoring program designed to support incoming students – both freshmen and transfers – during their first year at Georgia Tech. Incoming students are paired with a successful upperclassman, or “Edge Leader,” who will serve as a peer mentor and offer support to help new students acclimate academically and socially during their first year.
The Edge program strives to help students develop and refine strategies for a successful college experience. In addition to networking with experienced Georgia Tech students, Edge participants will have the chance to:
- Set goals and strategies to get the most out of their college experience.
- Learn about available resources on campus.
- Participate in study sessions, study groups, and academic workshops.
- Discover scholarship workshops and job opportunities.
- Discuss study abroad, research, internship, and co-op opportunities.
- Receive peer and staff advice and mentorship.