The OMED: Educational Services team and its Edge Leaders hope you all are remaining safe and healthy during these unprecedented times.
Heeding to the institutes guidance in response to COVID-19, the Edge Peer Mentorship program will now be offered in a virtual format. Edge leaders have transitioned their office hours to be conducted virtually. Details on virtual office hours and events will continue to be communicated by the Edge leaders to their mentees.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us.
Denise Ocasio Thomas
Edge is a peer mentoring program designed to support incoming students – both freshmen and transfers – during their first year at Georgia Tech. Incoming students are paired with a successful upperclassman, or “Edge Leader,” who will serve as a peer mentor and offer support to help new students acclimate academically and socially during their first year.
The Edge program strives to help students develop and refine strategies for a successful college experience. In addition to networking with experienced Georgia Tech students, Edge participants will have the chance to:
- Set goals and strategies to get the most out of their college experience.
- Learn about available resources on campus.
- Participate in study sessions, study groups, and academic workshops.
- Discover scholarship workshops and job opportunities.
- Discuss study abroad, research, internship, and co-op opportunities.
- Receive peer and staff advice and mentorship.